Senior Accountant (NPO)
Would you like to work in an established corporate accounting team while also providing finance and accounting support to a charitable foundation?
We are recruiting on behalf of a high-quality organization located in mid-town Toronto (subway accessible), currently seeking a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA or CPA-CA) experience auditing and providing accounting services for private corporations or NPOs.
Reporting directly to the Corporate Controller, this is an exciting opportunity to join a reputable organization which also supports excellent causes through a well-established family foundation.
Key responsibilities and oversight:
• Management reporting and financial statements for multiple entities
• Acts as accounting and finance resource for the family foundation team
• Preparation of quarterly investment reporting, variance analysis and other reports
• Assists with internal controls documentation and coordination of annual audits
• General ledger analysis, full-cycle accounting, financial statement analysis
• Participate and contribute to the annual budgeting process and ad hoc projects
The Company is offering a competitive compensation package for this level including a base salary and annual performance bonus. Full remuneration details will be disclosed to all candidates under consideration.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• Chartered Professional Accountant designation (CPA or CPA-CA)
• 3-5 years of progressive experience in a mid-size public accounting firm
• Hands-on accounting experience including financial statement preparation
• Resourceful, organized, deadline-oriented and strong communicator
• Experience with privately held corporations (ASPE & ASNPO)
All interested candidates should submit their résumé for consideration by applying directly to this posting or via email at email@example.com -- one of our consultants will contact you directly. We welcome the résumé of any CPA or CPA-CA currently seeking new opportunities.