Manager, Internal Audit
We are recruiting on behalf of an acquisitive private company with over $1B in annual revenue and plans to double in size within the next 2 years while preparing for an Initial Public Offering. They are seeking a progressive Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA-CA or CPA) with industry experience in an internal audit capacity to establish and build this function for their organization.
Are you interested in joining a company that is outperforming competitors in their sector? Would you like to leverage your internal controls and compliance experience in a progressive and high-calibre company? Are you looking for exposure to an IPO and to gain valuable experience by owning this new function?
Key responsibilities and oversight:
• Develop risk controls matrices to summarize and assess the key risks, control objectives, control activities and related test procedures
• Design and perform walkthroughs and tests of controls, and maintain process narrative updates
• Lead ongoing control self-assessment processes, remediate potential issues and address changes in a timely and appropriately to provide findings and recommendations
• Support business partners across the organization with the implementation of internal controls
• Follow up and validate actions take by management to remediate audit findings to ensure controls are effectively designed and appropriately implemented
• Document and discuss with management any exceptions identified during walkthrough or testing of controls, provide recommendations and work with process owners on action plans
The Company is offering a competitive compensation package including base salary and annual performance bonus. Full remuneration details will be disclosed to all candidates under consideration.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• Chartered Professional Accountant designation (CPA-CA or CPA)
• 5+ years of combined experience from public accounting and industry
• Highly developed problem-solving skills to analyze risk issues and formulate solutions
• Well-developed negotiation, influencing and conflict management skills
• Relevant experience in an internal audit/risk/compliance function
• Proven ability to plan, lead audits and work independently
• Knowledge of NI 51-109 regulatory requirements
All interested candidates should submit their résumé for consideration by applying directly to this posting or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org -- one of our consultants will contact you directly. We welcome the résumé of any CPA-CA or CPA currently seeking new opportunities.
Why partner with us?
Canadian Accounting Consultants is a specialized recruiting firm focused exclusively on the placement of CPAs in the Greater Toronto Area. With over 10 years in business and a team of experienced recruitment professionals, we are the preferred firm for Chartered Professional Accountants looking to for valuable career advice and progressive opportunities with top employers. Your Partner in Search Success ®
Stay informed of all postings by following our company page on LinkedIn at