Manager, Financial Reporting & Accounting
Reporting to the Director of Finance, this newly-created role will have responsibility and oversight of financial reporting, some corporate accounting elements, internal controls and ensuring the organization reacts to upcoming changes in accounting standards. This opportunity will provide the successful candidate with a broad scope of reporting experience with a global public company.
Are you looking for an opportunity to join a company that is considered a leader in their sector that offers numerous opportunities for career growth and development? Are you looking to avoid the commute to Toronto? The employer we've partnered with on this search is seeking a CPA-CA who is established at the Manager level, with experience auditing larger companies reporting under IFRS.
Key responsibilities and oversight:
• Supervise, coach and mentor a small team
• Oversight and review of the preparation of financial statements and note disclosures
• Assist in the re-engineering of processes and procedures
• Lead the implementation of accounting policy changes
• Provide accounting policy expertise to various internal stakeholders
• Manage external audits and reviews; coordinate internal audits
The Company is offering a competitive compensation package for this level including base salary and annual performance bonus. Full remuneration details will be disclosed to all candidates under consideration.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• Chartered Professional Accountant designation (CPA or CPA-CA)
• 5+ years of experience with IFRS, ideally in a large public accounting firm
• Strong technical accounting knowledge and analytical skills
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
All interested candidates should submit their résumé for consideration by applying directly to this posting or via email at email@example.com -- one of our consultants will contact you directly. We also welcome the resumes of CPAs and CPA-CAs currently seeking new opportunities.