Director, Operations Finance
Are you looking for a company that is experiencing tremendous growth? Would you like a role that allows you to really get involved with and help improve the operations of the business?
The employer we are recruiting for is seeking an experienced finance professional from industry with strong corporate accounting, process design & improvement and financial planning experience to take on this high-profile role.
This role will play an instrumental role in streamlining corporate accounting processes, improving the financial close process, leading the planning & budgeting process and providing overall finance support to operational managers at various sites. The employer is located in the West GTA, easily accessible by highway.
Key responsibilities and oversight:
• Lead major process improvement initiatives, including implementation of new systems and reducing the time required to close the books
• Manage the annual budget, monthly variance analysis and reforecast process
• Collaborate and build strong partnerships with Operational Managers at sites and act as their key finance business partner to help them improve their business and financial results
• Oversee the monthly close process for various sites, including financials and cash flow forecasts
• Train, coach and develop large team of direct reports
The company is offering an excellent compensation package for this level including an attractive base salary and lucrative annual performance bonus. Full remuneration details will be disclosed to all candidates under consideration.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• Chartered Professional Accountant designation (CPA-CA)
• 7-15 years of progressive experience, with a least 5-10 years of industry experience
• Experience overseeing corporate accounting or a reporting function and experience with major process change initiatives required; financial planning experience would be an asset
• Real estate or hospitality sector experience would be advantagous, but not required
• Strong experience working with operational / non-finance individuals with ability to teach financial concepts
• Ability to travel across Canada up to 15%