Are you interested in joining a company that is outperforming competitors in their sector? Would you like to leverage your managerial skills and accounting background in a progressive and high-calibre company? Are you looking for exposure to acquisitions and to gain valuable experience in a growing organization?
We are recruiting on behalf of an acquisitive private company with over $1B in annual revenue and plans to double in size within the next 2 years. They are seeking a progressive Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA-CA or CPA) with managerial experience and strong accounting skills to oversee and manage a team of 8 direct reports in a fast-paced and dynamic industry.
Key responsibilities and oversight:
• Oversees the accounting function including financial reporting, treasury and corporate accounting
• Management of 8 direct reports at various operating locations across Canada and the US
• Preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements, MD&A and note disclosures
• Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures including internal controls
• Review and analyze weekly reporting prepared by staff at the operating company level
• Collaborate with executives to generate key performance indicators and related analysis
• Liaise with external auditors for quarterly review and annual audit procedures
• Oversight of working capital management including AP, AR and inventory
The Company is offering a lucrative compensation package including an attractive base salary and annual performance bonus. Full remuneration details will be disclosed to all candidates under consideration.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• Chartered Professional Accountant designation (CPA-CA or CPA)
• 6-10 years of relevant experience including public accounting and/or industry
• Attention to detail, high sense of urgency and strong problem-solving skills
• Adaptable and thrives is a dynamic and fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
• Proven ability to plan, organize and prioritize a diverse workload
• Experience managing, coaching and developing a team of staff
All interested candidates should submit their résumé for consideration by applying directly to this posting or via email at email@example.com -- one of our consultants will contact you directly. We welcome the résumé of any CPA-CA or CPA currently seeking new opportunities.
Why partner with us?
Canadian Accounting Consultants is a specialized recruiting firm focused exclusively on the placement of CPAs in the Greater Toronto Area. We are the preferred firm for Chartered Professional Accountants looking to for valuable career advice and progressive opportunities with top employers. Your Partner in Search Success ®
Stay informed of all postings by following our company page on LinkedIn at