Controller (pre-IPO company)
Exciting opportunity in the medical cannabis sector! Join a well-funded pre-IPO company with experienced management focused exclusively on the high-growth medicinal market.
Reporting directly to the CFO, this is a unique opportunity to be part of the success of this emerging sector and enjoy the financial rewards that come along with equity participation.
We are recruiting on behalf of this organization located in the downtown core. They are currently seeking a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA or CPA-CA) with experience auditing public companies under IFRS. Candidates from public accounting or industry will be considered.
Key responsibilities and oversight:
• Responsible for all external public reporting and related filings
• Hands-on financial statement preparation and corporate accounting
• Development, implementation and monitoring of financial controls
• Responsible for the integrity of financial systems and related controls
• Financial management and other Controllership duties as required
• Assist with preparation for Initial Public Offering (IPO)
The Company is offering a lucrative compensation package including a base salary and significant equity participation. Full remuneration details will be disclosed to all candidates under consideration.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• Chartered Professional Accountant designation (CPA or CPA-CA)
• 5-8 years of progressive experience auditing public companies under IFRS
• Strong knowledge of Canadian public filling and issuer requirements
• Hands-on accounting experience including financial statement preparation
• Experience in the Cannabis sector is considered a strong asset
• Preference for experience with TSX Venture listed companies
All interested candidates should submit their résumé for consideration by applying directly to this posting or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org -- one of our consultants will contact you directly. We welcome the résumé of any CPA or CPA-CA currently seeking new opportunities.