Accounting Specialist, Financial Reporting
Are you interested joining a brand name Canadian company? Are you ready to join a team of high caliber finance professional in a role that provides excellent growth potential?
We are recruiting on behalf of a publicly-traded Canadian company with international operations. They are currently seeking an experienced Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA-CA) with strong with accounting / reporting experience gained through audit experience, as well as strong Excel and general computer skills.
Key responsibilities and oversight:
• Analyse consolidated results and prepare internal reports for management and the board of directors
• Participate in preparing consolidation and financial statements, including cash flow statements, note disclosures, working papers for auditors, internal control documentation and external filings
• Maintain books for various companies, including preparing schedules and reconciliations for more complex accountings issues
• Provide guidance to subsidiaries on accounting reporting and policy issues, which includes conducting research and preparing memos
• Participate in the roll out of new IFRS sections
The company is offering an excellent compensation package including an attractive base salary and annual performance bonus. Full benefit and remuneration details will be disclosed to all candidates under consideration.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• Canadian Chartered Accountant designation (CPA-CA)
• 3+ years of progressive experience in mid to larger public accounting firm
• Experience with multi-national companies reporting under IFRS or US GAAP would be a strong asset
• Very strong IT and computer skills, including advanced Excel skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to effectively interact with other departments and sites around the world
• Excellent communication skills (clear and concise), written skills and presentation skills
• Extensive IFRS knowledge and experience, including complex technical accounting
All interested candidates should submit their résumé for consideration by applying directly to this posting or via email at email@example.com -- one of our consultants will contact you directly. We welcome the résumé of any CPA-CA or CPA currently seeking new opportunities.