VP of Finance
We are recruiting on behalf of an investment management firm located in the downtown core, currently seeking a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA-CA or CPA) at the Senior Manager level in a Big 4 accounting firm.
Are you interested in joining a growing financial services firm as part of their senior management team? Would you like to report directly to the CFO of a publicly-traded company? Do you have experience auditing public companies with strong technical accounting skills?
Key responsibilities and oversight:
• Responsible for external financial reporting, MD&A, accounting policy and public filings including managing the relationship with external auditors
• Supporting the Chief Investment Officer with valuations of all investments, funds and portfolios
• Manage the accounting function, treasury and other support groups including leading communication with regulatory bodies, securities commissions and the stock exchange
• Manage sources of liquidity, cash balances, forecasts, short-term investments and banking relationships
• Design, construct, and ensure all controls and process improvements are adhered to for best practices
The employer is offering a lucrative total compensation package for this level consisting of an attractive base salary and significant performance bonus component, along with long-term incentive stock-based compensation. Full remuneration details will be disclosed to all candidates under consideration.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• Chartered Professional Accountant designation (CPA-CA or CPA)
• 10+ years of progressive experience in Big 4 public accounting firm
• High-potential, motivated, energetic and career-driven profile
• Strong technical accounting and research skills under IFRS
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
All interested candidates should submit their résumé for consideration by applying directly to this posting or via email at email@example.com -- one of our consultants will contact you directly. We welcome the résumé of any or CPA-CA or CPA currently seeking new opportunities.
Why partner with us?
Canadian Accounting Consultants is a specialized recruiting firm focused exclusively on the placement of CPAs in the Greater Toronto Area. We are the preferred firm for Chartered Professional Accountants looking to for valuable career advice and progressive opportunities with top employers. Your Partner in Search Success ®
Stay informed of all postings by following our company page on LinkedIn at