Senior Manager, Finance
We are recruiting on behalf of a Canadian-based global company with their head office in the West GTA. They are seeking a progressive Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA-CA or CPA) with managerial experience and strong technical skills to oversee and manage financial reporting, corporate accounting, financial systems, process improvement initiatives and various finance projects.
Are you interested in joining a company that is a market leader in their industry and growing through acquisitions? Would you like to leverage your managerial skills and IFRS knowledge? Are you looking for role with a broad scope of responsibilities and exposure to senior management?
Key responsibilities and oversight:
• Lead finance projects related to finance process improvements, new policies and procedures
• Oversee monthly and quarterly financial close processes, including review of financial results compared to budget and forecast, legal entity financial statements and other financial reports
• Manage the preparation of quarterly financial statements, MD&A and note disclosures
• Oversee financial systems along with IT to implement process improvements and upgrades
• Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, internal controls and accounting policies
• Collaborate with other areas of finance for ad hoc requests and strategic decision making
• Problem solving complex issues that arise in the accounting/finance function
• Researching and implementing new accounting standards as required
• Supervise and mentor a team of accounting/reporting analysts
The Company is offering a competitive compensation package including an attractive base salary and annual performance bonus. Full remuneration details will be disclosed to all candidates under consideration.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• Chartered Professional Accountant designation (CPA-CA or CPA)
• 8+ years of relevant experience including public accounting and/or industry
• Strong experience with IFRS and/or US GAAP and complex accounting issues
• Ability to work independently, make timely decisions and drive solutions forward
• Leadership skills, including being proactive at identifying issues and seeking solutions
• Extensive experience managing staff and collaborating with other teams/groups
• Proven ability to multitask and prioritize to meet deadlines
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
All interested candidates should submit their résumé for consideration by applying directly to this posting or via email at email@example.com -- one of our consultants will contact you directly. We welcome the résumé of any CPA-CA or CPA currently seeking new opportunities.
Why partner with us?
Canadian Accounting Consultants is a specialized recruiting firm focused exclusively on the placement of CPAs in the Greater Toronto Area. We are the preferred firm for Chartered Professional Accountants looking to for valuable career advice and progressive opportunities with top employers. Your Partner in Search Success ®