Manager, External Reporting
Are you looking for a senior-level role with work/life balance and a large team or direct reports? Are you interested in working for a company that is an established leader in their sector? Would you like to more exposure to senior management, board members, shareholders and the audit committee?
Recruiting on behalf of top employer and industry leader based in Toronto, we are currently seeking a progressive Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA-CA) with leadership experience and public company audit or reporting experience from public accounting or industry.
Key responsibilities and oversight:
• Manage a team of 13 direct and indirect reports; designated accounting professionals
• Manage the external reporting function and support quarterly/annual external audits
• Partner with key business functions to obtain information for MD&A and investor reporting
• Leads the development and implementation of internal controls over financial reporting
• Response for the integrity of data and financial systems to ensure accuracy in reporting
• Provide leadership for the research and development of policies and procedures
The employer is offering an excellent compensation package for this level including an attractive base salary and annual performance bonus. Full remuneration details will be disclosed to all candidates under consideration.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• Chartered Professional Accountant designation (CPA-CA)
• 10+ years of progressive experience in public accounting and/or industry
• Extensive public company audit and/or external financial reporting experience
• Experience with MD&A and shareholder reporting requirements
• Strong management and people leadership experience
• Complex accounting experience under IFRS/US GAAP
All interested candidates should submit their résumé for consideration by applying directly to this posting or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org -- one of our consultants will contact you directly. We welcome the résumé of CPA-CAs or CPAs currently seeking new opportunities.