Senior Internal Auditor
We are recruiting on behalf of a publicly-traded company located in the North York, currently seeking a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA or CPA-CA) with strong audit & controls experience from a large accounting firm.
Would you like to leverage your public company audit skills to join an industry leading company in a growing sector? Are you looking for a position with growth opportunities and great work/life balance?
Key responsibilities and oversight:
- Responsible for planning & conducting business process, financial, risk and operational assessments
- Assess governance and internal control processes over financial reporting and business operations
- Establish the audit scope and objectives of audit programs to effectively address risks and controls
- Evaluate internal control, financial reporting, risk management and corporate governance systems
- Provide assistance to external auditors with respect to quarterly and annual financial statements
- Promote internal audit through developing and maintaining key relationships with the business
- Evaluation and reporting on internal controls over financial reporting and SOX documentation
- Provide assistance in preparation of reports to senior management and the audit committee
- Develop detailed risk and control assessments of areas under audit consideration
The company is offering a competitive compensation package including an attractive base salary and annual performance bonus. Full remuneration details will be disclosed to all candidates under consideration.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Chartered Professional Accountant Designation (CPA or CPA-CA)
- 3-5 years of public company audit experience at a large accounting firm
- Ability to facilitate, negotiate and influence at all management levels of the organization
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple concurrent projects
- Knowledge of progressive audit practices and process development
- Solid understanding of internal control frameworks (COSO)
- Working knowledge of Bill C-198, SOX and NI 52-109
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
All interested candidates should submit their résumé for consideration by applying directly to this posting or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org -- one of our consultants will contact you directly. We welcome the resumes of any CPAs or CPA-CAs currently seeking new opportunities.