Senior Financial Reporting, Analyst
Are you looking to join an acquisitive Canadian public company without having to commute into Toronto? A growing team with significant scope for progression and involvement in initiatives and special projects?
This newly created position will report to the Senior Manager, Financial Reporting. Key responsibilities will revolve around financial reporting, the preparation of the financial statements and understanding/reacting to changes in accounting standards that will impact the organisation.
Key responsibilities and oversight:
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements and note disclosures
- Assist in the re-engineering of processes and procedures
- Lead the implementation of accounting policy changes
- Provide accounting policy expertise to various stakeholders
- Research and prepare technical accounting memos on significant issues
- Manage external audits and reviews; coordinate internal audits
Qualifications and Skills
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Chartered Professional Accountant designation (CPA or CPA-CA)
- 3-5 years of experience ideally in a major public accounting firm
- Practical/theoretical IFRS experience ideally through the audit of public companies
- Strong technical accounting knowledge and analytical skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
The Company is offering a competitive compensation package for this level including base salary and annual performance bonus. Full remuneration details will be disclosed to all candidates under consideration.
All interested candidates should submit their résumé for consideration by applying directly to this posting and one of our consultants will contact you directly. We also welcome the resumes of CPAs and CPA-CAs currently seeking new opportunities.