Senior Accountant, Corporate Accounting
We are recruiting on behalf of a global financial services organization with their Canadian head office located in the downtown core. They are currently seeking a recently qualified Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA-CA or CPA) with financial services experience to join their financial reporting team.
Are you interested in joining a distinguished market-leader in the investment management industry? Would you like to leverage your public accounting experience in a progressive organization with an excellent corporate culture?
Key responsibilities and oversight:
- Responsibility for corporate accounting functions and variance analysis
- Monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting requirements and filings
- Development and implementation of new procedures for the accounting function
- Preparation of internal management reporting and analysis for senior management
- Monitoring of key performance indicators and reviewing the impact of new accounting policies on the business
- Preparation of financial statements under IFRS, and regulatory reporting
- Development and delivery of various ad hoc reports and/or projects as assigned
- Lead the preparation of supporting schedules and documentation for external audits
The company is offering an attractive compensation package including an excellent base salary and lucrative annual performance bonus. Full remuneration details will be disclosed to all candidates under consideration.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA-CA or CPA)
- 3-5 years of progressive experience at a large public accounting firm
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving abilities and excellent work ethic
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills combined with strong interpersonal skills
- Extensive knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Experience auditing large companies in the financial services industry
All interested candidates should submit their résumé for consideration by applying directly to this posting or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org -- one of our consultants will contact you directly. We welcome the résumé of any CPA-CA or CPA currently seeking new opportunities.