Manager, Financial Reporting
We are recruiting on behalf of a Canadian-based company with their head office in Hamilton. They are seeking a progressive Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA-CA or CPA) with strong technical skills and IFRS knowledge to play a key role in the delivery of the external reporting and filing requirements.
You’ll join a team of progressive designated professionals and an organisation with a long history and strategically positioned for a bright future. You’ll coach and develop a small team and report into a strong coach and mentor.
Key responsibilities and oversight:
• Preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements, MD&A and note disclosures
• Support the preparation of public filings and related disclosure documents
• Assist with the review, maintenance and improvement of accounting policies/controls
• Involvement with KPI reporting and periodic review of operating results and related analysis
• Coordination annual audits and quarterly reviews; acts as liaison with external auditors
• Participate in finance process improvement and process re-engineering initiatives
• Supervise and mentor direct reports on the financial reporting team
The Company is offering a highly competitive compensation package including an attractive base salary and performance bonus, RSP matching and flexible benefits plans. Full remuneration details will be disclosed to all candidates under consideration.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• Chartered Professional Accountant designation (CPA-CA or CPA)
• 3+ years post designation experience including some post-public accounting experience in a financial reporting focused role
• 1+ years experience directly supervising a team
• Strong communication skills, interpersonal skills and multi-tasking abilities
• Excellent knowledge of IFRS and complex technical accounting experience
• Attention to detail, results-oriented, problem solving and organization skills
All interested candidates should submit their résumé for consideration by applying directly to this posting or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org -- one of our consultants will contact you directly. We welcome the résumé of any CPA-CA or CPA currently seeking new opportunities.
Why partner with us?
Canadian Accounting Consultants is a specialized recruiting firm focused exclusively on the placement of CPAs in the Greater Toronto Area. We are the preferred firm for Chartered Professional Accountants looking to for valuable career advice and progressive opportunities with top employers. Your Partner in Search Success ®
Stay informed of all postings by following our company page on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/canadian-accounting-consultants