Manager, Financial Reporting
Are you looking for a company that is experiencing growth through acquisitions? Would you like to leverage your public company audit and IFRS experience in a reporting-focused role? The employer we are recruiting for is seeking an experienced Manager from public accounting or industry.
Reporting to the Controller, this position oversees the external financial reporting and internal management reporting for a mid-size public company. This opportunity will provide the successful candidate with excellent experience including external reporting, consolidations, MD&A and accounting policy. The employer is located in North York, close to major highways.
Key responsibilities and oversight:
• Review quarterly and annual financial statements, notes and MD&A in accordance with IFRS.
• Assist in the completion of the Annual Report, MIC and AIF, as required.
• Review and approve monthly financial statement consolidation and completion of the monthly reporting packages.
• Review changes in IFRS accounting standards and assess their impact to go-forward external reporting requirements.
• Coach, mentor, develop and evaluate performance of two direct reports
• Participate in due diligence, integration and capital raising activities, as required
The company is offering an excellent compensation package for this level including an attractive base salary and annual performance bonus. Full remuneration details will be disclosed to all candidates under consideration.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• Chartered Professional Accountant designation (CPA-CA or CPA)
• 6-10 years of progressive experience in public accounting and/or industry
• Experience working at and/or auditing public companies under IFRS
• Experience researching complex technical accounting issues
• Strong people management experience
All interested candidates should submit their résumé for consideration by applying directly to this posting or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org -- one of our consultants will contact you directly. We welcome the résumé of any CPA currently seeking new opportunities.