Manager, External Financial Reporting
Are you interested in joining a company that just launched an IPO in 2021?
Would you like to leverage your public company audit experience in an organization that just went public? Are you looking for a managerial role with ownership of the public issuer reporting process?
We are recruiting on behalf of a Canadian-based company with their head office in Toronto. They are seeking a progressive Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA-CA or CPA) with strong technical skills and IFRS knowledge to lead and deliver the external reporting and filing requirements.
Key responsibilities and oversight:
• Lead the preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements, MD&A and note disclosures
• Support the preparation of public filings including AIF, MIC and other disclosure documents
• Assist with the creation, implementation and maintenance of global accounting policies
• Prepare technical accounting memos to provide clear and concise documentation of treatments
• Involvement with key finance projects, mergers & acquisitions, and other ad hoc requirements
• Coordination annual audits and quarterly reviews; acts as liaison with external auditors
• Participate in finance process improvement and process re-engineering initiatives
• Support the preparation of materials for the audit committee and board of directors
• Supervise and mentor direct reports on the financial reporting team
The Company is offering an excellent compensation package including an attractive base salary and performance bonus. Full remuneration details will be disclosed to all candidates under consideration.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• Chartered Professional Accountant designation (CPA-CA or CPA)
• 5-10 years of experience which includes public company audit and/or industry
• Strong communication skills, interpersonal skills and multi-tasking abilities
• Excellent knowledge of IFRS and complex technical accounting experience
• Attention to detail, results-oriented, problem solving and organization skills
All interested candidates should submit their résumé for consideration by applying directly to this posting or via email at email@example.com -- one of our consultants will contact you directly. We welcome the résumé of any CPA-CA or CPA currently seeking new opportunities.
Why partner with us?
Canadian Accounting Consultants is a specialized recruiting firm focused exclusively on the placement of CPAs in the Greater Toronto Area. With over 10 years in business and a team of experienced recruitment professionals, we are the preferred firm for Chartered Professional Accountants looking to for valuable career advice and progressive opportunities with top employers.
Your Partner in Search Success ®