Manager, Corporate Accounting
We are recruiting on behalf of a multinational company with a diversified portfolio of operations around the globe, looking to hire an experienced Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA-CA or CPA). This opportunity is at the Corporate office based downtown Toronto.
Would you like to leverage your reporting, process and controls, consolidations and corporate accounting experience to a join a growing company with international exposure? The employer is seeking a candidate currently working in industry at the Manager or Assistant Controller level.
Key oversight and responsibilities:
• Responsible for preparing timely, accurate and relevant financial reports and financial information
• Review accuracy and documentation of intercompany transactions, reconciliations, and invoicing
• Ensure appropriate accounting control procedures are in place and properly documented
• Implementation and oversight of document management system for all financial records
• Review corporate department expenditure and cash forecasting for senior management
• Assist with the development and implementation of the tax planning strategy for the group
• Prepare the monthly two-year budget and cash flow forecasts for the corporate entities
• Assist with the review of the chart of accounts for each subsidiary to ensure consistency
• Review and approve accounting payable invoices as necessary within delegated approval limits
• Involvement in analyzing the group’s capital structure including debt and equity
• Review the general ledger for accuracy and review accruals for completeness
• Produce monthly management reporting on balance sheets
The employer is offering an excellent compensation package for this level consisting of an attractive base salary and annual performance bonus. Full details of the remuneration will be disclosed to all candidates under consideration.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• Chartered Professional Accountant designation (CPA-CA or CPA)
• Bachelor of Commerce, Business Administration or equivalent
• 7-10 years of progress and relevant experience (including public accounting)
• Hands-on corporate accounting and/or financial reporting experience in industry
• Detailed oriented with strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
• Experience in an international environment dealing with operations in multiple jurisdictions
• Self-directed, motivated, accurate, precise, highly numerate and technically proficient
All interested candidates should submit their resume for consideration by applying directly to this posting or via email at careers@cdnconsultants. ca – one of our consultants will contact you directly. We welcome the resumes of any CPA-Cas and CPAs currently seeking new opportunities.