Financial Analyst (CPA trainee)
Are you looking to complete your CPA designation in industry? Would you like to join a top-performing Canadian public company with international operations? Are you interested in gaining experience with financial reporting, financial analysis and management reporting?
We are recruiting on behalf of an established and stable company in their sector located Downtown Toronto, offering a progressive path to Senior Financial Analyst while completing your CPA designation. They are currently seeking a CPA trainee with 1-2 years of experience from public accounting or a relevant industry position.
Key responsibilities and oversight:
• Analysis of the company’s operational and financial results at the consolidated level
• Communicate with operations and regional finance teams to prepare management reports
• Financial modelling, review and analysis of various valuation metrics for inventory and assets
• Participate in the quarterly external reporting process including financial statements and MD&A
• Monitor and analyze several key indicators of company performance for management reporting
• Continuous improvement and automation of financial processes, templates & reporting packages
• Ad hoc analysis and review of complex transactions and technical accounting matters
The company is offering an excellent compensation package for this level including an attractive base salary and substantial annual bonus potential. Full remuneration details will be disclosed to all candidates under consideration.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• Enrolled in the CPA training program and successful completion of the CFE
• 1-2 years of relevant experience in a public accounting or industry position
• Demonstrated skills including problem solving, critical thinking and attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong analytical skillset and Excel proficiency
All interested candidates should submit their résumé for consideration by applying directly to this posting or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org -- one of our consultants will contact you directly. We welcome the résumé of any CPA-CA or CPA currently seeking new opportunities.
Why partner with us?
Canadian Accounting Consultants is a specialized recruiting firm focused exclusively on the placement of CPAs in the Greater Toronto Area. With over 10 years in business and a team of experienced recruitment professionals, we are the preferred firm for Chartered Professional Accountants looking to for valuable career advice and progressive opportunities with top employers. Your Partner in Search Success ®
Stay informed of all postings by following our company page on LinkedIn at