Finance Manager, Accounting & Controls
Are you looking for an opportunity with a brand name company you can relate to?
Would you like to oversee a team of 4 direct reports in an important and high-visibility role within the finance group?
We are recruiting on behalf of a global company with their Canadian head office located in Etobicoke. The employer is currently seeking a Chartered Professional Accountant with strong accounting knowledge and financial reporting experience from public accounting or industry.
The Company is looking for a progressive candidate who can lead a team to support financial reporting, capital asset and IT budgeting, pension accounting, internal controls and corporate accounting. They are located near major highways including the 427 and QEW.
Key responsibilities and oversight:
• Review and oversight of financial statement preparation, accounting entries and account reconciliations prepared by the accounting team
• Research of technical accounting ensuring compliance with company accounting policies
• Ad hoc and project-related work to support finance and business operations
• Key point of contact for external auditors on technical accounting and audit related issues
• Responsible for monitoring and supporting the Company’s internal control program
• Manage a team of 4 direct reports responsible for financial reporting, capital assets and IT
• Responsible for budgeting and forecasting of IT department costs
The company is offering an excellent compensation package plus annual performance bonus and other benefits. Full remuneration details will be disclosed to all candidates under consideration.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• Chartered Professional Accountant designation (CPA-CA or CPA)
• 4-6+ years of progressive experience in public accounting and/or industry
• Strong technical accounting experience under IFRS
• Leadership skills and capable of managing a team
All interested candidates should submit their résumé for consideration by applying directly to this posting or via email at email@example.com -- one of our consultants will contact you directly. We welcome the résumé of any CPA or CPA-CA currently seeking new opportunities.
Why partner with us?
Canadian Accounting Consultants is a specialized recruiting firm focused exclusively on the placement of CPAs in the Greater Toronto Area. We are the preferred firm for Chartered Professional Accountants looking for valuable career advice and progressive opportunities with top employers. Your Partner in Search Success ®
Stay informed of all postings by following us on LinkedIn!