We are recruiting on behalf of a global service provider with their head office in Etobicoke. They are seeking a progressive Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA-CA or CPA) from a large public accounting firm to oversee and manage corporate accounting, implementing new accounting standards, process improvement initiatives and various finance projects.
Are you interested in joining a company that is a market leader in their industry and growing through acquisitions? Would you like to leverage your public accounting experience and technical accounting skills? Are you looking for an opportunity to supervise a team of staff?
Key responsibilities and oversight:
• Manage monthly financial close processes, including review of financial results compared to budget and forecast
• Lead finance projects related to finance process improvements, new policies and procedures
• Assists with quarterly financial reporting activities and primary contact for external auditors
• Collaborate with other areas of finance for ad hoc request and strategic decision making
• Researching and implementing new accounting standards as required
• Supervise and mentor a team of 3 accounting/reporting staff
The Company is offering a competitive compensation package including an attractive base salary and annual performance bonus. Full remuneration details will be disclosed to all candidates under consideration.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• Chartered Professional Accountant designation (CPA-CA or CPA)
• 3-6 years of progressive experience in a large public accounting firm
• Strong experience with IFRS and/or US GAAP and complex accounting issues
• Ability to work independently, make timely decisions and drive solutions forward
• Leadership skills, including being proactive at identifying issues and seeking solutions
• Ability to multitask and prioritize to meet deadlines
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
All interested candidates should submit their résumé for consideration by applying directly to this posting or via email at email@example.com -- one of our consultants will contact you directly. We welcome the résumé of any CPA-CA or CPA currently seeking new opportunities.
Why partner with us?
Canadian Accounting Consultants is a specialized recruiting firm focused exclusively on the placement of CPAs in the Greater Toronto Area. We are the preferred firm for Chartered Professional Accountants looking to for valuable career advice and progressive opportunities with top employers. Your Partner in Search Success ®
Stay informed of all postings by following our company page on LinkedIn at