Director of Finance – Financial Planning & Analysis
One of Canada’s Top Employers has engaged us to recruit for a Director of Finance focused on FP&A activities in one of their key businesses. The Company is as a distinguished market-leader in the financial services industry located downtown Toronto, walking distance from Union Station (PATH).
Would you like to leverage your public accounting and/or industry experience in a progressive and dynamic organization? Are you looking for good work/life balance and a great corporate culture?
The Company is currently seeking a progressive Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA-CA or CPA) at the Senior Manager level or above with experience in financial services.
Key responsibilities and oversight:
• Business partnering through driving business strategies and plans for annual budgets, capital plans, financial forecasts, variances, sensitivity analysis, business performance metrics and monitoring risks
• Lead in selecting and implementing forecasting strategies and practices through automation within a regulatory environment
• Key leader in defining the budget cycle, processes and best practices to support business growth
• Management reporting, cost and operational analysis including capital considerations
• Thorough evaluation and support to CFO by constantly thriving for improvements and performance measurement to drive business results
• Develop and mentor a team of designated accounting professionals
The employer is offering a lucrative total compensation package for this level consisting of an attractive base salary and significant performance bonus component, along with a generous RSP program and other monetary benefits. Full remuneration details will be disclosed to all candidates under consideration.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• Chartered Professional Accountant designation (CPA-CA or CPA)
• 10+ years of progressive experience in public accounting and/or industry
• Experience at the Senior Manager level with extensive staff management
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills dealing with: client relationships, influencing and collaboration, managing multiple priorities and presentations to key executives
All interested candidates should submit their résumé for consideration by applying directly to this posting or via email at email@example.com -- one of our consultants will contact you directly. We welcome the résumé of any or CPA-CA or CPA currently seeking new opportunities.
Why partner with us?
Canadian Accounting Consultants is a specialized recruiting firm focused exclusively on the placement of CPAs in the Greater Toronto Area. We are the preferred firm for Chartered Professional Accountants looking for valuable career advice and progressive opportunities with top employers. Your Partner in Search Success ®
Stay informed of all postings by following our company page on LinkedIn at