Director of Finance (1 year contract)
Are you interested in joining a public company that is a leader in their sector? Do you have strong public company reporting experience?
We are recruiting on behalf of a publicly-traded Canadian company that is currently seeking an experienced Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA-CA) with strong IFRS and some US GAAP reporting and filing experience to support them on a contract basis.
Key responsibilities and oversight:
• Manage and prepare quarterly and annual MD&A and financial statements in accordance with IFRS, as well as related public filings
• Serve as primary contact for auditors to ensure successful completion of audit requirements
• Analyse new accounting standards as well as the accounting impact of new transactions or contracts
• Ensure internal controls are operating effectively in accordance with SoX requirements
• Assist Legal and business development teams as necessary to evaluate new transactions / contracts
The company is offering an excellent compensation package including an attractive base salary. Full remuneration details will be disclosed to all candidates under consideration.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• Canadian Chartered Accountant designation (CPA-CA)
• 6+ years of progressive experience, in industry and / or public accounting
• Extensive experience with public reporting under IFRS, as well as public filings
• Experience with US GAAP would be highly desirable
• Proven ability to multi-task, problem solve, and prioritize workload
• Strong communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
All interested candidates should submit their résumé for consideration by applying directly to this posting or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org -- one of our consultants will contact you directly. We welcome the résumé of any CPA-CA or CPA currently seeking new opportunities.
Why partner with us?
Canadian Accounting Consultants is a specialized recruiting firm focused exclusively on the placement of CPA-CAs and CPAs in the Greater Toronto Area. We are the preferred firm for Chartered Professional Accountants looking to for valuable career advice and progressive opportunities with top employers. Your Partner in Search Success ®
Stay informed of all postings by following our company page on LinkedIn at