Director, Internal Audit
We’re partnering with a publicly listed, market leading Manufacturing company based in the West GTA.
They’re looking to hire a leader into their Internal Audit team with the successful candidate reporting directly to the audit committee and playing a key role in innovating their audit function and internal controls.
If you are CPA, CA coming directly from a major public accounting firm or have equivalent internal audit experience in a related industry this role could be an ideal progressive step.
Key responsibilities and oversight:
· Day to day oversight of the audit team
· Development and implementation of the annual audit plan
· Assist the Senior Management team in evaluating the strategic plan from a risk perspective
· A subject matter expert on all issues relating to internal audit/risk/controls
· Ensure effective/efficient utilisation of 3rd party resources to support the audit function
· Execute ad hoc initiatives/special projects required by c suite executives and audit committee
The company is offering an excellent compensation package, full remuneration details will be disclosed to all candidates under consideration.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
· Chartered Professional Accountant designation (CPA) at a major public accounting firm
· A minimum of 7 years post designation experience in external/internal audit with experience of Manufacturing, Consumer Goods or other similar industries
· Familiarity of SOX/Bill 198 controls an advantage
· Self-confident with excellent written and verbal communication skills
All interested candidates should submit their résumé for consideration by applying directly to this posting or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org -- one of our consultants will contact you directly. We welcome the résumé of any CPA-CA or CPA currently seeking new opportunities.
Why partner with us?
Canadian Accounting Consultants is a specialized recruiting firm focused exclusively on the placement of CPAs in the Greater Toronto Area. With over 10 years in business and a team of experienced recruitment professionals, we are the preferred firm for Chartered Professional Accountants looking to for valuable career advice and progressive opportunities with top employers.
Your Partner in Search Success ®
Stay informed of all postings by following our company page on LinkedIn at