Director, Financial Planning & Control
We are recruiting on behalf of a publicly-traded company located in Mississauga, currently seeking a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA or CPA-CA) with public company audit and/or external reporting experience for this newly created opportunity.
Would you like to work at Canadian-based multi-national? Are you looking for a position with a broad scope of responsibilities including finance and reporting? Do you want to be involved in acquisition due diligence and integration?
Key responsibilities and oversight:
• Manage the quarterly and annual external financial reporting and public filings
• Manage the annual budgeting, monthly forecasting and strategic planning process
• Lead the development and implementation of financial systems and internal controls
• Responsibility for MD&A, annual information form, proxy circular and board reports
• Perform in-depth analysis on variances to plan; highlight risks & opportunities
• Support ongoing acquisition activities, including acquisition due diligence
• Partner with business development group on long-term forecast process
• Primary contact for external auditors and third party tax preparation
The employer is offering an excellent compensation package including an attractive base salary and annual performance bonus, plus stock-based compensation. Full benefit and remuneration details will be disclosed to all candidates under consideration.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• Canadian Chartered Professional Accountant Designation (CPA or CPA-CA)
• Experience from a large public accounting firm auditing public companies
• Creative thinker with the ability to propose innovative solutions to resolve issues
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Extensive experience with IFRS and internal controls
• Highly adaptable with strong leadership skills
All interested candidates should submit their résumé for consideration by applying directly to this posting or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org -- one of our consultants will contact you directly. We welcome the resumes of any CPAs and CPA-CAs currently seeking new opportunities.