Corporate Controller (14 month contract)
We’re partnering with a company with operations across North America, a leader in their sector, based in Oakville, looking for long term contract support.
You will report directly to the CFO and have regular interaction with the company owners. During the contract term you’ll pay a key role in a variety of project and initiatives.
If you are a designated CPA, an established Manager in industry or coming directly from public accounting, confident with strong communication skills then this role could be ideal.
Key responsibilities and oversight:
· Preparation of period end reporting and financial statements
· Ensure a smooth and efficient month end close process
· Manager, coach and supervise a team of finance professionals locally and indirectly at site locations
· Review of vendor agreements including involvement in pricing and negotiation
· Finance point person on system transition
· Execute ad hoc initiatives/special projects required by the CFO & Managing Director
The company is offering an excellent compensation package, full remuneration details will be disclosed to all candidates under consideration.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
· Chartered Professional Accountant designation (CPA) at a major public accounting firm plus a minimum of 3 years post designation experience
· Some industry experience as a Finance Manager/Controller or similar position is preferred
· A strong understanding of accounting principles
· Self-confident with excellent written and verbal communication skills
All interested candidates should submit their résumé for consideration by applying directly to this posting or via email at email@example.com -- one of our consultants will contact you directly. We welcome the résumé of any CPA-CA or CPA currently seeking new opportunities.
Why partner with us?
Canadian Accounting Consultants is a specialized recruiting firm focused exclusively on the placement of CPAs in the Greater Toronto Area. With over 10 years in business and a team of experienced recruitment professionals, we are the preferred firm for Chartered Professional Accountants looking to for valuable career advice and progressive opportunities with top employers.
Your Partner in Search Success ®
Stay informed of all postings by following our company page on LinkedIn at