Are you passionate about charitable causes and helping others? Would you like to lead the finance function for an established NPO? Are you looking for excellent work/life balance?
We are recruiting on behalf of a highly-regarded charitable organization located in mid-town Toronto (subway accessible), currently seeking a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA or CPA-CA) with exposure to not-for-profit organizations (auditing or industry experience).
Reporting directly to the CEO, this is an exciting opportunity to take ownership of the finance function and support great charitable causes across Canada.
Key responsibilities and oversight:
• Financial statements, variance analysis, annual budgeting
• Review of contracts, agreements and other financial obligations
• Prepare internal reporting for the Board and other stakeholders as required
• Work closely with program managers and monitor operational results
• Liaise with external auditors, tax advisors, legal counsel and IT consultants
• Statutory registered charity information tax returns and PSB returns
• Maintenance of internal controls, accounting policies and procedures
• Identify and implement process improvements
• Payroll, accounts payable, special projects
The Company is offering a competitive base salary and annual performance bonus along with full health/dental benefits. Full remuneration details will be disclosed to all candidates under consideration.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA or CPA-CA)
• 5-10 years of relevant audit and/or hands-on accounting/finance experience
• Exposure to the not-for-profit sector (auditing or industry experience)
• Proven ability to be resourceful and work independently
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
All interested candidates should submit their résumé for consideration by applying directly to this posting or via email at email@example.com -- one of our consultants will contact you directly. We welcome the résumé of any CPA or CPA-CA currently seeking new opportunities.