We’re partnering with a high growth, acquisitive software company, based in Markham, looking to add to their finance team.
As a result of a recent acquisition they’re looking to hire into a newly-created position with the successful candidate playing a key role in integration initiatives.
If you are CPA designated from a major public accounting firm, you have proven post public accounting experience in a Controllership role (or similar), are driven and have an entrepreneurial spirit this role could be ideal.
Key responsibilities and oversight:
· Preparation of period end corporate and lender reporting and financial statements
· Ensure a smooth and efficient month end close process
· Manager, coach and supervise a team of finance professionals
· Technical review of contracts and accounting memos to assess impact under IFRS
· Lead post acquisition integration process
· Execute ad hoc initiatives/special projects required by the CFO & Managing Director
The company is offering an excellent compensation package, full remuneration details will be disclosed to all candidates under consideration.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
· Chartered Professional Accountant designation (CPA) at a major public accounting firm plus a minimum of 4 years post designation experience
· A minimum of 2 years experience in industry in a Finance Manager/Controller or similar position
· A strong understanding of IFRS is required, revenue recognition (IFRS 15) specifically is a significant asset
· Self-confident with excellent written and verbal communication skills
All interested candidates should submit their résumé for consideration by applying directly to this posting or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org -- one of our consultants will contact you directly. We welcome the résumé of any CPA-CA or CPA currently seeking new opportunities.
Why partner with us?
Canadian Accounting Consultants is a specialized recruiting firm focused exclusively on the placement of CPAs in the Greater Toronto Area. With over 10 years in business and a team of experienced recruitment professionals, we are the preferred firm for Chartered Professional Accountants looking to for valuable career advice and progressive opportunities with top employers.
Your Partner in Search Success ®
Stay informed of all postings by following our company page on LinkedIn at