Are you looking for a fast-paced work environment with significant scope for professional development and a team of high caliber designated professionals? Are you energized by the prospect of joining a company with a track record of significant growth by acquisition? Do you have sound technical accounting skills including strong knowledge of IFRS?
We are recruiting on behalf of a Canadian public company with international operations who are currently seeking a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA-CA or CPA) established at the Manager level/Senior Manager level. Located in Vaughan, subway is steps away providing easy access from downtown and right by major highways (400 & 407)
Key responsibilities and oversight:
- Key role in the preparation of financial statements, MD&A and public filings
- Complete various KPI reports for executive review
- Key role in research and implementation of new IFRS accounting standards
- Act as a subject matter expert on technical matters relating to acquisitions and related accounting
- Business partner to operational leaders across the organization
- Lead process improvement initiatives and ensure compliance with SOX controls framework
- Coach/develop a team of direct reports
The employer is offering a competitive total compensation package including base salary and significant performance bonus component. Full remuneration details will be disclosed to all candidates under consideration.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Chartered Professional Accountant designation (CPA-CA or CPA) completed at a major public accounting firm preferred (candidates direct from public accounting or in industry will be considered)
- 7+ years of progressive experience, 3+ years of Managerial experience
- Ability to work independently with the confidence to converse directly with/present information to senior executives
- Strong technical accounting and research skills under IFRS, experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
All interested candidates should submit their résumé for consideration by applying directly to this posting or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org -- one of our consultants will contact you directly. We welcome the résumé of any CPA-CA or CPA currently seeking new opportunities.
Why partner with us?
Canadian Accounting Consultants is a specialized recruiting firm focused exclusively on the placement of CPAs in the Greater Toronto Area. We are the preferred firm for Chartered Professional Accountants looking to for valuable career advice and progressive opportunities with top employers. Your Partner in Search Success ®
Stay informed of all postings by following our company page on LinkedIn at