Controller (recent CPA-CA or CPA)
Rapidly expanding real estate organization with specialty properties across Canada. Super opportunity for a CPA in public practice looking for a leadership role in a growth industry.
The hiring manager is a strong mentor and leader who is seeking an individual to take on corporate accounting, process design & improvement and financial planning. This position will play an instrumental role in streamlining corporate accounting processes, improving the financial close process, leading the planning & budgeting process and providing overall finance support to operational managers at various sites.
The ideal candidate will be an ‘experienced Senior’ or Manager coming from public practice, a strong performer who thrives on continuous improvement, development of people, managing relationships and a possesses a take-charge attitude.
Located in the West GTA, easily accessible by highway 403, 401 and 407.
Key responsibilities and oversight:
• Lead major process improvement initiatives, including implementation of new systems and reducing the time required to close the books
• Manage the annual budget, monthly variance analysis and reforecast process
• Collaborate and build strong partnerships with Operational Managers at sites and act as their key finance business partner to help them improve their business and financial results
• Oversee the monthly close process for various sites, including financials and cash flow forecasts
• Train, coach and develop team of direct reports
The company is offering an excellent compensation package for this level including an attractive base salary and lucrative annual performance bonus. Full remuneration details will be disclosed to all candidates under consideration.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• Chartered Professional Accountant designation (CPA-CA or CPA)
• Big 4 preference or large Private clients with a proven track record of achievement
• Real estate or hospitality sector experience would be advantageous, but not required
• A positive can-do and take-charge attitude
• Ability to travel across Canada - up to 20%
All interested candidates should submit their résumé for consideration by applying directly to this posting and one of our consultants will contact you directly. We welcome the résumé of any CPA-CA or CPA currently seeking new opportunities.