Business Unit Controller
Are you interested in a “mini CFO” role that gives your broad exposure to many areas of finance, including reporting, accounting and business planning? Are you interested in joining a company that is experiencing significant growth in Canada and internationally? Would you like to manage a large team of 6 professional staff?
We are recruiting on behalf of global company (head office) located in the North GTA. They are currently seeking a progressive Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA,CA) with relevant experience and a customer centric focus.
Key responsibilities and oversight:
• Reviews, analyzes and presents monthly, quarterly & annual internal and external reporting
• Directs and coordinates financial planning, budgeting and management reporting activities
• Oversees the full accounting cycle, including reviewing account reconciliations, resolving accounting issues, improving processes and closing cycle time
• Understands accounting modules, identifies gaps and leads technological improvements
• Responsible for adherence to internal control requirements acts as audit lead for internal and external audits of the business unit
• Management of business unit accounting staff including training, coaching and mentoring
The company is offering an excellent compensation package for this level including an attractive base salary and annual performance bonus. Full remuneration details will be disclosed to all candidates under consideration.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• Chartered Professional Accountant designation (CPA-CA or CPA)
• 8-12 years of progressive experience, ideally including reporting and budgeting experience
• Well-developed internal/external client management and relationship-building skills
• Strong management experience including proven leadership and training skills
• Excellent problem-solving skills, multi-tasking abilities and ability to prioritize
• Extensive business partnering skills and experience
All interested candidates should submit their résumé for consideration by applying directly to this posting or via email at email@example.com -- one of our consultants will contact you directly. We welcome the résumé of any CPA currently seeking new opportunities.