Assistant Manager, Tax
High quality opportunity for a Senior Associate/Analyst to take their first step into industry!
Would you like to join a company with a succession plan to progress your career in tax? Are you looking for a great mentor to foster your development and a company with strong management?
We are recruiting on behalf of a medium-size public company located in the downtown core. They are currently seeking a progressive Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA-CA or CPA) with experience in Canadian corporate tax.
Key responsibilities and oversight:
• Assists with corporate and partnership income tax returns and related filings
• Assist with the preparation of the quarterly and annual income tax provisions
• Research and documentation on technical issues related to income taxes
• Provide information and preparation of responses to tax authorities
• Responsible for tax remittances and the reconciliation of tax accounts
• Keep up to date and evaluate impacts of tax legislation changes to the company
• Assists with tax-related projects including implementation of tax planning strategies
The employer is offering a competitive compensation package for this level including an attractive base salary and annual performance bonus. Full remuneration details will be disclosed to all candidates under consideration.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• Chartered Professional Accountant designation (CPA-CA or CPA)
• 2+ years of Canadian corporate tax experience at a large accounting firm
• Experience with tax compliance and tax accounting for public companies
• In-progress or completion of CICA in-depth tax courses
All interested candidates should submit their résumé for consideration by applying directly to this posting or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org -- one of our consultants will contact you directly. We welcome the résumé of any CPA-CAs or CPAs currently seeking new opportunities.