Assistant Corporate Controller
Are you interested in working for well-established yet rapidly growing company? Are you looking for an opportunity with a clear path of progression and strong mentor to further develop your career?
We are recruiting on behalf of large organization located in the North GTA. They are currently seeking a progressive Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA-CA or CPA) with strong core accounting, reporting and budgeting experience, either from a related role in industry or a larger public accounting firm.
Key responsibilities and oversight:
• Prepare and distribute corporate financial reports to shareholders, finance team and senior management
• Manage and lead the monthly, quarterly and annual close process, including performing analysis on a consolidated basis to ensure results are accurate
• Manage the budget, planning and forecasting of all corporate SG&A and capital expenditures, including allocations to business segments
• Perform analysis of the corporate balance sheet and ensure accounts are properly reconciled
• Own the integrity of the accounting ERP system used for accounting and reporting, as well as any enhancements to improve functionality and reporting capabilities
• Enhance and monitor controls related to journal entries across the company, ensuring appropriate review and documentation
• Provide audit support including data requests and analysis related to annual external audit and any tax audits
The employer is offering an attractive compensation package consisting of an excellent base salary and annual performance bonus. Full remuneration details will be disclosed to all candidates under consideration.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• Chartered Professional Accountant designation (CPA-CA or CPA)
• 7+ years audit experience in industry and / or public accounting
• Knowledge of accounting standards and principles (IFRS, Canadian ASPE)
• Able to drive process improvements to mitigate risk and drive efficiency
• Works well under pressure and manages short deadlines
• Excellent communication and collaborations skills
• Fully developed leadership and managerial skills
All interested candidates should submit their résumé for consideration by applying directly to this posting or via email at email@example.com -- one of our consultants will contact you directly. We welcome the résumé of any CPA-CA or CPA currently seeking new opportunities.