We’re partnering with a high growth company tech company with clients across North America, a leader in their sector, based in Mississauga by the airport, looking to hire into a newly created role.
You will report directly to the Controller, operate as their ‘right hand’. You’ll pay a key role in the oversight of the regular accounting/reporting cycles and a variety of project and initiatives.
If you are a designated CPA, with industry experience or coming directly from public accounting, confident with strong communication skills then this role could be ideal.
Key responsibilities and oversight:
· Preparation of period end reporting and financial statements
· Ensure a smooth and efficient month end close process including preparation of more complex entries
· Manager, coach and supervise a team of finance professionals locally and indirectly at site locations
· Assist with the annual budget process
· Co-ordinate liaison with external auditors
· Execute ad hoc initiatives/special projects required by the Controller & owner
The company is offering an excellent compensation package, full remuneration details will be disclosed to all candidates under consideration.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
· Chartered Professional Accountant designation (CPA) ideally including experience at a major public accounting firm
· Some industry experience is preferred and familiarity with the principles behind manufacturing/costing is an advantage
· A strong understanding of IFRS accounting principles
· Self-confident with excellent written and verbal communication skills
All interested candidates should submit their résumé for consideration by applying directly to this posting or via email at email@example.com -- one of our consultants will contact you directly. We welcome the résumé of any CPA-CA or CPA currently seeking new opportunities.
Why partner with us?
Canadian Accounting Consultants is a specialized recruiting firm focused exclusively on the placement of CPAs in the Greater Toronto Area. With over 10 years in business and a team of experienced recruitment professionals, we are the preferred firm for Chartered Professional Accountants looking to for valuable career advice and progressive opportunities with top employers.
Your Partner in Search Success ®
Stay informed of all postings by following our company page on LinkedIn at