A Canadian publicly listed company are looking to add an Accounting Manager to their team. This is a newly created role required due to growth, a genuine Manager role with a team of direct reports. The company has a progressive corporate culture and flexible environment. Location is downtown Toronto and easily accessible via TTC.
Key responsibilities and oversight:
• Supervising 3 staff members including coaching and developing and mentoring.
• Support accurate and timely execution of all month end, quarter end and annual reporting requirements
• Review process and SOX controls to ensure policies and procedures are adhered to and improved
• Review journal entries and reconciliations for Income Statement and Balance Sheet
• Oversight of the accrual process from A to Z
• Play a key role in accounting/finance related elements of the implementation of a new ERP system
• Contribute to culture of ongoing improvement of processes, procedures and automation
The company is offering an excellent compensation package including base salary and bonus. Full remuneration details will be disclosed to all candidates under consideration.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• Chartered Professional Accountant designation (CPA or CPA-CA)
• Min 4+ years of experience including proven ability to manage/coach and develop staff
• USGAAP knowledge preferred, knowledge of SOX controls an advantage
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
All interested candidates should submit their résumé for consideration by applying directly to this posting or via email at email@example.com -- one of our consultants will contact you directly. We welcome the résumé of any CPA-CA or CPA currently seeking new opportunities.
Why partner with us?
Canadian Accounting Consultants is a specialized recruiting firm focused exclusively on the placement of CPAs in the Greater Toronto Area. We are the preferred firm for Chartered Professional Accountants looking to for valuable career advice and progressive opportunities with top employers. Your Partner in Search Success ®
Stay informed of all postings by following our company page on LinkedIn at