Senior Manager, External Reporting
Are you interested in joining a well-established Canadian leader TSX listed company who are growing through diversification with a strong investment portfolio? This is a high visibility opportunity with varied responsibilities supporting corporate groups with key initiatives in finance, external and internal reporting of key metrics to senior management. The purpose of the role is to ensure best in class reporting package across corporate and all affiliations.
We are recruiting for a qualified Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA-CA or CPA) who is a self-starter, demonstrated leader with strong technical skills to join their high performing team as they continue to grow.
Key responsibilities and oversight:
• Support corporate and affiliate companies in researching and ensuring new accounting standards are implemented and maintained which includes training
• Execute reporting on value-added business insights for decision making to the leadership team
• Ownership of policy and procedures in creating efficiencies and standardization across various departments on best practices
• Ensure compliance with all IFRS and OSC requirements
• Review quarterly report and regulatory submission
• Key person in managing reviews and annual audit
• Leadership including coaching, mentoring and support across functional groups
• Research and presentation at various levels internally on any accounting standards and procedures
The company is offering a lucrative compensation package for this level including an attractive base salary, excellent annual performance bonus, defined contribution pension plan, employee share purchase plan, and fitness allowance. Full remuneration details will be disclosed to all candidates under consideration.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• Chartered Professional Accountant designation (CPA-CA or CPA)
• 5-10 years of progressive experience in public accounting and industry
• Experience auditing and/or working in a public company reporting under IFRS
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
• Someone who enjoys research, policy and technical accounting including presentations
• Solid analytical and problem-solving skills; someone who takes initiative
All interested candidates should submit their résumé for consideration by applying directly to this posting or via email at email@example.com -- one of our consultants will contact you directly. We welcome the résumé of any CPA-CA or CPA currently seeking new opportunities.
Why partner with us?
Canadian Accounting Consultants is a specialized recruiting firm focused exclusively on the placement of CPAs in the Greater Toronto Area. With over 10 years in business and a team of experienced recruitment professionals, we are the preferred firm for Chartered Professional Accountants looking to for valuable career advice and progressive opportunities with top employers. Your Partner in Search Success ®
Stay informed of all postings by following our company page on LinkedIn at