Director, Financial Reporting (Corporate Controller)
Are you interested in joining a well-established Canadian company listed on the TSX currently building its finance team with high performing individuals who thrive in a fast-paced environment? This is a high-visibility opportunity with varied responsibilities supporting corporate groups with key initiatives in finance as well as external financial reporting and internal reporting of key metrics to senior management.
They are currently seeking a qualified Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA-CA or CPA) who is a self-starter and demonstrated leader with strong technical skills to join the executive leadership team.
Key responsibilities and oversight:
• CPA-CA with public company experience managing teams in a growing company
• Experience in ERP systems implementation and data-intensive industries using business intelligence platforms preferred.
• Support Investor relations in preparing IR reports including queries and critical analysis
• Key role supporting IFRS public company reporting and consolidations across divisions
• Prepare MD&A including research and analysis of regulatory requirements
• Support business units and operations teams to ensure reporting requirements meet the needs and accuracy of various projects and initiatives
• Direct and oversee all financial reporting internally and externally with ability to deal with Board committee and CFO
The company is offering an excellent compensation package for this level including an attractive base salary, annual performance bonus, and other benefits. Full remuneration details will be disclosed to all candidates under consideration.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• Chartered Professional Accountant designation (CPA-CA or CPA)
• Public accounting qualification with a 5+ years in managerial positions
• Experience auditing or financial reporting for publicly traded companies under IFRS
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
• Solid analytical and problem-solving skills; someone who takes initiative
• Strong leadership experience managing teams of accounting/audit staff
All interested candidates should submit their résumé for consideration by applying directly to this posting or via email at email@example.com -- one of our consultants will contact you directly. We welcome the résumé of any CPA-CA or CPA currently seeking new opportunities.
Why partner with us?
Canadian Accounting Consultants is a specialized recruiting firm focused exclusively on the placement of CPAs in the Greater Toronto Area. With over 10 years in business and a team of experienced recruitment professionals, we are the preferred firm for Chartered Professional Accountants looking to for valuable career advice and progressive opportunities with top employers. Your Partner in Search Success ®
Stay informed of all postings by following our company page on LinkedIn at